Counting my blessings

Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Spirit

Since Hubs and I arrived in Melbourne, God has been working hard to make sure we settle in okay down here. Actually, he seems to have been working overtime to pre-arrange things and ensure that everything works out for us, just as HE planned, not us. If I had my way, the following would have happened:

Hubs and I would have found a place to rent in the Moonee Ponds area
Which means:
We'd be paying around $300 a week in rent
We'd be paying around $70 per week in food
We'd be paying around $50 per week in transport
Plus bills
I'd have 2 part-time jobs and half a day off to chill-out
We'd find a nice Uniting Church with some young adults hopefully near our place

And here's what REALLY happened:

Hubs and I were offered a place at Newman College
From day 3 (yes, it took 3 days) we have felt very welcomed and included and accepted in a tight-nit, open and inviting community
We pay very reasonable rates for accommodation, all meals and all bills
We live right next door to uni which means no regular transport costs for Hubs
I have accepted a full-time job at Newman College which means no regular transport costs for me
We live 1 suburb out of town - less than 2km from Central Station
We worship at the Chapel of the Holy Spirit at Newman College and we're really enjoying the services
We've met some amazing people and had interesting conversations over good food and great wine
Hubs and I get to spend heaps of quality time together, as we have no travel time to factor in to our days
Life is good.

I spent so much time and energy (and tears) on worrying and stressing about homes, jobs and money, and surprise surprise, God had it all under control the whole time. And he does this to me ALL the time.

When am I going to learn?

0 comments: to “ Counting my blessings so far...