Wifey's World Cup

Friday, June 25, 2010

Well, I did it! I got up at 4:15am yesterday for the Socceroos last pool match, and am I ever glad that I did. It was a cracker. A great way for the boys to, unfortunately, end their World Cup campaign. Apart from a few wah-wahs, it was a classy match by the Aussies, and a deserved win. Shame about that damn goal difference!

I think that may be the last game I watch this world cup, but I may get up for the final, depending on the teams playing.

I also think that this may have been the last World Cup that I'll be getting up to watch. The game is just too theatrical and whingey for me, and it really takes away from the great spectacle of soccer which is such a shame. I know that there is a huge following for soccer around the world, so I'm sure they won't miss me not watching the games in Brazil in 4 years time.

It's been fun!

0 comments: to “ Wifey's World Cup so far...