They arrived!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hubs and I arrived home last night after 3 days and 2 nights away together, alone, in Melbourne. I had a wedding to officiate, so we decided to make a weekend of it. Chanbe stayed home with Mum and my aunty Mandy (Mum's sister), and it was a great weekend all round! Hubs and I got to relax, unwind and do not much at all, while Chanbe got to stay at home and get spoilt! (Thank you thank you thank you Mum and Mandy!!!!!)

And waiting for me at home, were these:



And the bigger picture?


Yes, I've started packing. (Well, emptying out cupboards and stuffing the contents in bags. Packing, right?) Anyway, more about that later.

I still haven't decided which one to read first. I'm leaning towards Vivian's autobiography I think. I've had a lot of free time the last few weeks, and now that I actually have something specific to read (apart from random blogs) I don't have the time to read it! Oh well, things will settle down in a month or so (won't they???) and I'll hopefully get cracking on them then. Who knows? I might even remember to tell you about them once I'm done!

Back to the packing. I found a house on Thursday in Wang that was just GORGEOUS!! And in our budget and in a nice area. Tick tick tick! We had looked at a couple the day before, and although they were okay (read: liveable) they certainly didn't get us that excited. But the gorgeous one? It's just so US. Hubs hasn't actually seen it yet. Oh yeah. That's how much he trusts me. I know what he likes and I know what he wants (a shed) so I'm super confident he's going to like it as much as me. (It has a shed.) We put in the application at 4pm on Thursday and by 5pm, 3 out of 4 of our referees had already been contacted! How on the ball is that! Considering the debacle of finding a rental in Wang last time, I didn't hold high hopes of dealing with real estate agents, but so far so good. We haven't got the house yet, but I'm hoping to hear today. And hoping to be moving by this time next week.

So how about that packing?

0 comments: to “ They arrived! so far...