Saturday, November 3, 2012
Here are the graduates of 2012. Hard to believe we only met them in 2008!
And here is the "support crew" (missing a wife and twins of one the the graduates!!)
And the graduation cake I made for them:
And as yesterday was Hubs' last day of medicine (he has 2 days of exams next week and then that's really it!!) we have had a few end-of-med dinners and lunches to attend which has been great. The one we went to on Thursday night was a thank you from the students to the Doctors and teaching staff, and I offered to make some baked goods to hand out as a thank you. I decided to make truffles, as I'd never made them before and it's always a great idea to try something new when you are making presents for 20 people. (Ahem.) Thankfully, they turned out beautifully:
And everyone was very thankful which was lovely. I made the little boards out of cardboard wrapped in alfoil, and stuck the patties down with melted chocolate. I was worried about them melting but I believe they stayed intact. I made over 100 of these little friggers!
This coming week:
- tonight I'm making lamb shanks as an end-of-uni treat for Hubs
- tomorrow we're doing a bit of local sight-seeing and maybe catching a bit of the Wangaratta Jazz Festival (I can hear it from our house)
- Monday night we're having 6 people over for dinner + Revenge episodes (yes I'm hooked. Don't judge.)
- Tuesday we are going to the local races for Melbourne Cup Day (like last year)
- Wednesday Mum and Dad arrive and Hubs heads to Shepparton for his exams til Friday
- Thursday I'm hosting Mums group at my house for the last time (boo)
- Friday Hubs and I will hopefully go out to dinner to celebrate the real end of Hubs' medical degree!!
- Saturday we are having a garage sale
So, you know, enough to keep us busy. I've been having a bit of anxiety lately, most likely centred around getting ready for the big move, and am just trying to be aware of it, acknowledge it, and not let it manifest itself in crazy ways. I know we'll get there. We always do :-)