Happy 1st Birthday Quinn!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

It was rather a quiet affair for our little Quinndy, and a lovely time was had by all. I was trying to decide which cake to make her, and gave the cake book to Chanbe to have a look through. This is the suggestion he came up with:


Ummmmm. No. I don't think so. We finally decided on the ladybird. I never had that cake growing up, and it's a bit of a classic. Here's the picture of the cake in the book:


And here's how mine turned out. As usual, I couldn't get that really rich red, but I was happy with a nice burgundy.



Chanbe was very happy to help lick the spatula!

 
 
I'm not sure what this face was about, other than just being funny!!
 
 
 
Then she decided on a demure pose:
 
 
 
Smile! Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUU!
 


Oh yeaaaaah. Cake time!
 



 Mnarn narm narm... 

 


And present time! Hubs was convinced these pants belonged on  her head...
 
 
 
 
And in the next few days, Quinndy decided it was time to take some steps!



My dear baby girl. What a treasure you are. You have brought so much joy and delight to our lives, and I love getting to know you more every day. I've never seen such a happy baby, and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us in the future.

It's been rather an exciting week around here! I'm getting through the unpacking and organising, and starting to feel a bit more at home. I've met some more mums and am hoping to catch up with them in the next week or 2. Mum and Dad are here until Friday week, so there's a few more things I'd like to do with them around - the time will go too quickly I'm sure! - and I've already booked our first trip back to Brisbane for the year, in about a month. Like I said, lots going on!

0 comments: to “ Happy 1st Birthday Quinn! so far...