Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Happy-1-year-at-my-job-anniversary-birthday to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Yes, it's official. I have held a permanent, full-time job for 1 whole year. Hallelujah! Today marks 1 year at my job here at Newman College, full-time, and I'm pretty excited about this milestone. Well, actually, I only just remembered about it now!
Interesting things about my job:
- I haven't taken a sick day since I started (I've been late in twice with a bad neck though)
- I have had about 7 weeks of holidays (some taken leave without pay)
- I have another 6 weeks off over Christmas
- We have coffee every morning together at 10:30am
- We have morning tea all together (including other non-office staff) every Wednesday and the kitchen provides tasty treats such as toasted bacon and egg sandwiches or scones or biscuits (I'm trying to cut back though!!)
- We celebrate everyone's birthday with an extra morning tea
- We go out to lunch a few times a year all together and enjoy a lovely 3 course meal
- I really like working here. The people, the location, the flexibility and generosity I experience every day reminds me of how blessed I am to have this job.