"Aaahhhrum"

Thursday, October 21, 2010

That's the noise my childhood doctor used to make when he was pausing and collecting his thoughts. Instead of your usual "aaahh" or "um" he used to combine the 2. Why do I remember this? I don't have an answer, other than to suggest I used to be somewhat of a hypochondriac (there, I admitted it) which meant frequent visits to the doctor. And why am I telling you this? No reason really. Just cos this is my blog and I can write what I like and that just popped into my head...

Also, you may (or may not) have noticed a lack of posting in the last week or 2. There is a reason for this that isn't related to laziness. Well, not entirely. You see, this is my 399th post and I'm feeling all sorts of self-inflicted pressure to make post number 400 an absolute cracker, even more so than my usual wittiness and awesomeness. (I seem to be brimming with self confidence at present.) I used to have a tendency to get bored of new things quickly, and not stick them out, so the fact that this blog has been running for over 2 years and I have posted regularly is quite an achievement for me and I feel quite proud of myself. So I've had a few ideas for my next post but haven't quite decided on a course of action to take as yet. But there will be photos, I can promise you that.

In other news, tomorrow is my last day at Wangaratta City Council. I can't believe I've been here almost 3 months! I've really enjoyed my time here, though I'm sure it's partly due to the great people I work with, and the fact that there has always been an end date with a whole new adventure on the other side. Pregnancy is still going wonderfully and my tummy is getting bigger by the week. Littlefoot kicks and moves around a lot, and has taken to digging his/her heels into my ribcage which is fun. I'm still feeling fabulous most of the time, with spurts of extreme exhaustion which is manageable. I'm looking forward to a restful few weeks, waiting in anticipation for the arrival of the little person who has already become such a big part of our lives. Oh, and I'm also looking forward to being able to see my feet again, and being able to get off the couch/out of bed without making a "heeeyumph" sound. Hee hee. Hubs finds this particularly amusing.

So if you can be a bit patient, post number 400 will be along in the next few days, and hopefully it will meet all expectations, even if they are all from me :-)

4 comments: to “ "Aaahhhrum" so far...