I've still got it

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Yesterday we went to Brisbane's "wedding of the year" (blog post to come) and I don't like to brag, but Hubs and I shook our groove thing on the dancefloor at the reception for almost 2 hours with only a few drink/toilet/not-our-kind-of-music breaks. Let me remind you, ladies and gents, that I'm 37 weeks pregnant AND I was wearing heels. Heels people! I was pretty impressed with my efforts to be honest. I've been a little nervous about losing energy at times when energy is needed, but my Duracel batteries just kept going and going - from 6:30am when I woke up (not on purpose - my body clock was being a pain) til my head hit the pillow at 2:35am this morning (we decided it would be fun to go to our friend's Halloween party after we left the wedding last night - totally worth it!)

Needless to say I cannot WAIT to get into bed tonight as I'm sure it's going to be the best night's sleep I've had in a week. And maybe, just maybe I'm not going to have as much trouble with the upcoming sleep-deprivation as I thought I might?! (One can hope!)

2 comments: to “ I've still got it so far...

  •  

    WooHoo! Go you crazy party animal!

    Oh, and on the sleep deprivation side, I found it wasn't the being awake that killed me, but the being awake with NOTHING TO DO. Having to feed a newborn at 2am for an hour and a half is incredibly boring- make sure you have some good DVD's on hand (I can still recite all the words to the Zumba late-night informercial :P)

  •  

    Good tip - thanks for that. I think the nesting has begun - all this energy and motivation is lovely!