He's still one

Friday, December 23, 2011

Though, with the number of birthday parties we had for him, you could be forgiven for thinking Chanbe was already onto his second birthday! The day after we arrived in Brisbane, we had the whole family over to celebrate. I had found some gorgeous rocket ship invitations, so in keeping with the theme, I decided to make a rocket ship cake. Mum prepared the slabs of cake for me the night before so I just had to cut out and decorate.

We found Nanny's old Kenwood to help with mixing the icing - how retro!


vanilla gluten-free and yummy chocolate on the bottom


The icing job was a bit more involved than I expected it to be, but thanks to some strategically placed snakes and smarties, you wouldn't have known. I couldn't wait to light the sparklers!!


10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...


Blast off! The sparklers were awesome!


Happy birthday Chanbe! What a wonderful year it has been watching you grow up and learn so much. You bring your Dadda and I endless joy and we can't wait to see what you get up to in the next year. Love, Mama  x x x

0 comments: to “ He's still one so far...