When laziness comes back to bite you in the butt

Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's been on my to-do list for months.

- Register for Celebrant Ongoing Professional Development

I finally decided to look it up today and it took no more than 3 minutes to discover that there is an OPD session being held in Townsville TODAY starting at 9:30am. It was 9:44am when I found out. I thought maybe I could just turn up! But then I remembered Mum took Chanbe to the Aquarium this morning, so no car. (Did I mention Mum is visiting?)

Had I looked it up yesterday, there would only be a teeny tiny chance that I would have been able to enrol so late, but still, I think I'd be feeling a little less cheesed off with myself right now. It would have been such a great opportunity to meet other celebrants in Townsville, and to get an idea of which association would be a good one to join. And Mum just happens to be here right now, which would have been perfect. I really need to just get over it.

So after more looking around, it looks like I've missed all 3 sessions that have been held up here this year, and there are no more coming up. So I just ordered my ebooks online. Not exactly the most exciting way to complete my OPD, but maybe it will remind me to get my act together a bit earlier next year. Wherever we will be!