The food - part one

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For me, travelling is all about the food and the people. And the toilets, but we won't get into that (punny!). Back to the food. We arrived in South Africa on a Monday and on the Tuesday we set out to the local berry farm. 


You pay 30 rand (about $5) to go in to the berry farm, and you get to eat as many berries as you want!

 

You don't need to tell us twice! I'm eating bramble berries, while below, Hubs is about to scoff down some blueberries - his favourite! 

  

After eating as many berries as you want can, you can take some home with you and you pay by the kilo. Here's our stash:




Hubs: "Here Wifey, I found you the biggest, juiciest berry and picked it for you."
Wifey: "Aw Hubs! You're so lovely and kind and generous! It looks delicious!" (unlike Wifey's facial expression!)



Wifey: "Thanks Hubs. I love youuuuuuu."

 

Wifey: "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! Sourest berry EVER!!!! HUBS!!!! Stop taking photos of me eating the sour berry that you picked for me! You set me up!!!!"



"I don't know WHAT you're talking about. Tee hee hee hee."
Luckily, he'd also picked a super ripe, super sweet berry to make it all better. Oh, and some ice cream as well.




I have SO much more food to tell you about. Not to mention the people!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

0 comments: to “ The food - part one so far...