Our mammoth long weekend - days 1 & 2

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Well it's a good thing I have all this energy at the moment, as the 6-day-weekend we just had was not for the faint-hearted! It began on Thursday when we drove the kombi from Wang to Melbourne just after lunch, arriving around afternoon tea time to catch up with the staff at Newman College. It was really nice to see everyone and catch up on all their news, and to share my growing bump with them.

We then headed over to our friend's place where Hubs and our friends headed out to a photography exhibition while I looked after their 2 & 4 year old sons and their neighbour's 3 year old daughter. We had a great time in the bath (clearly that was the kids, not me) and had some dinner and then had lots of stories. I had them all in bed by 8pm and was commended for my "baby whispering"! I guess I just wore them all out with all those exciting stories!

We were up at 6am Friday for our 9am flight from Avalon. We drove the kombi to the airport hassle-free and the plane left basically on time. We arrived in Brizzie just after 10am (thanks to daylight savings) and headed over to Nanny and Grandpa's for a spot of lunch. It was lovely to see them as usual and so good to have yummy Nanny food again! And she was very happy to see us, though she couldn't help herself and told me I shouldn't be flying now that I am a "big lady". :-)

A snap from lunch:

We then headed to St Andrew's Uniting Church in town, the location of a very memorable day in December almost 3 years ago, for the wedding rehearsal for "Brisbane's Wedding of the Year". Hubs rehearsed walking the lovely bride down the aisle,


and it was a pretty typical wedding rehearsal, other than the pregnant lady sitting in the 3rd row having a little cry. Yes. At the rehearsal. You got something to say about that? I knew that the following day I would have to a) wear water-proof mascara and b) take extra tissues.


We had kept the evening plan-free just in case of a pre-wedding dinner, so when the bride and groom decided to just have a quiet night in, we arranged for Hubs' Mum, sister and kids to come on over for dinner at my parent's place. In the mean time, we hung around town for a bit and grabbed a coffee and just chilled out together. It was really lovely being back in our old stomping ground and enjoying the lovely warm weather. We were talking about who we might run in to, as is inevitable whilst in Brisbane. And sure enough, on our way to the rendezvous point to meet my Mum for our lift home, we ran into very good friends of mine and their 6 month old daughter whom I hadn't met yet!

She. Was. Divine. And her dear parents were very lucky that I'm about to pop out one of our own, or I may have run off with their little cherub. I actually had tears of joy and awe at this gorgeous little girl (seeing a hormonal pattern here people??) I simply had to get some shots with her.

The lovely Henna and the gorgeous little baby Iida


It was SO nice to see our friends and have a little catch up! We headed back to Mum and Dad's for a feast of seafood marinara and carbonara pasta and Nanny's apple pie for dessert. And of course, we had to play with the lego as well.

Lego time!

And we had to take some fun photos! Mine's the biggest!!

And our friend Ian popped over around dessert time as well, so that was another bonus! So that was the first 2 days of our awesome weekend - and they were the most restful days! So much more to come...

0 comments: to “ Our mammoth long weekend - days 1 & 2 so far...