Happiness is...

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

... an awesome song trifecta on the walk to work.

First up, we had Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield. I don't know what it is about that song that makes me swoon, but my good golly gosh I do love it. So much so, that no matter where I'm listening to it - on my ipod walking to work, at home on the media PC, in the car on the PDA - I have to play it twice. Which is exactly what I did this morning. Little did I know what other treasures where coming up...

Somewhere over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Yes. That treasure. I've blogged about this song before here. As soon as I heard it start, I thought uh-oh. Here come the tears again. But not today! I held it together and just thought back to our wedding day with the fondest of memories. T'was bliss! And then came number 3 to top it all off.

Sprout and the Bean by Joanna Newsom. This was the theme song for a Victoria Tourism ad campaigne - you may remember the boy and girl following big balls of yarn around Melbourne. This is Hubs' and my "moving to Melbourne" song and it always stirs up lots of lovely feelings.

And you can bet that I'll be playing all 3 songs again on the walk home :-)

3 comments: to “ Happiness is... so far...