I saw Nanny today

Monday, July 25, 2011

It was hard. Really hard. I haven't had to face this sort of situation - sickness of a loved one - many times in my life. In fact, I can probably count on one hand. But today I saw a woman lying in bed, hooked up to leads and tubes, and I knew it was Nanny, but it wasn't. This is how I remember Nanny:


I keep trying to reason with myself that Nanny is 87 (88 next month) and has had a great life and and and... but it doesn't make it easier. This woman has been in my life in so many different ways from the day that I was born. And to see her this way is breaking my heart.

We don't really know what the prognosis is at this stage; we just have to take it one day at a time. So that's what we'll do.

(Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers and texts.)

1 comments: to “ I saw Nanny today so far...

  •  

    I'm sorry. It's one of the hardest things in the world, to see someone you love so much in that situation.

    Thinking of you and praying that God is with you now, as He is always.