And.... he's out! (almost)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hubs and I entered parenthood without much thought about how we were going to raise our kids. I mean, we had a few things sorted, but most of our parenting "style" has happened by "chance" :-) We never really intended to have our baby sleep in the same bed as us, but that has happened a lot (and has been lovely). We never really decided about keeping him in the same room with us, but that came about due to the size of our unit in Wang, and then we just got used to it so we continued with this in our new place.

I have loved this arrangement for so many reasons, but now we feel it's time that the little guy has his own room. So I have spent this morning clearing out the spare room to make way for Mr Independence. Well, I spent the first part of the morning sleeping, as Hubs took Chance to childcare for me, but since I got up (10:15am - BLISS!!!) that's what I've been doing. I really wanted to have it all set up for when Chance got home, but the cot won't fit through the bedroom door so I need to take it apart to move it.

We are hoping that this new arrangement will mean more sleep for us all. I'm a little nervous about it to be honest - I've been able to be so in tune with Chance's sleeping and waking - and I've resigned myself to a few rough nights to come during the adjustment stage (rougher than usual??) but I'm really hoping the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. I'm also prepared for the possibility that it won't make much of a difference at all, but I'm happy to give it a try.

Oh, and I can't WAIT to have our room back to ourselves!! I've really missed being able to read in bed and not have to worry about making noise and creeping around during the night.

So here goes nothing!


(Hopefully we'll be seeing more of this soon!) (This photo is quite old :-)

1 comments: to “ And.... he's out! (almost) so far...

  •  

    I could have written this post word for word a few years ago, even down to the cot not fitting through the door so having to wait for my husband to get home!

    We all slept better when Will moved int his own room, hopefully it will mean good sleep for you too.