Dear Hubs

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I've not been overly inspired to blog lately, as I mentioned, but as I was walking with Chanbe in the pram the other day, I started thinking about all the wonderful things that are going on in my life. They are not overly newsworthy, but I am definitely really enjoying life. I then started thinking about Hubs and all the wonderful things he does for me and Chanbe, and started compiling a list in my head. It went something like this:

Dear Hubs,
these are just a few things that I love about you.

1. I love how you seem to have every type of lead and adapter for every type of gizmo and gadget thinkable. And if not, you can often make one out of something else you have.

2. I love how even though you don't like watching the footy, you have been tuning our media PC into the local tv channels so I can watch Friday Night Footy.

3. I love how you watch Friday Night Footy with me.

4. I love how, after I've gotten up to Chance for the third time in the night, when I come back to bed, you give me cuddles and tell me how I'm an amazing Mum and that Chanbe is really lucky to have me as his Mum.

5. I love how even though you have an interrupted night's sleep as well, you always give me sleep-ins on the weekends and sometimes during the week when you can.

6. I love how after you have given me a sleep-in, you often bring me breakfast in bed consisting of poached eggs and toast - more recently your home-made sourdough. And a cup of tea.

7. I love how you "made" me watch Firefly and didn't say "I told you so" when I thought it was one of the best tv shows ever made.

8. I love how even though you think I look pretty when I get all dressed up, you like me best in my jeans and a t-shirt.

9. I like how we don't have that much in common, so we can both experience new things, and I love that you challenge me to try new things.

10. I love that you don't take things at face value, and that you constantly ask "why"?

11. I love how you play with our son; how you love and adore him; how you play WWF wrestling with him and let him win.

12. I love how you take such good care of me in so many ways.


0 comments: to “ Dear Hubs so far...