The Hickey. Friend or foe?

Friday, July 11, 2008

The thing about being married to a 22 year old (or someone who's 27 who still THINKS he's 22) is that every now and then Hubs thinks it's HILARIOUS to give me a hickey. When we first started going out, I was mortified by this, however I soon got in to the spirit of things and started giving as good as I got:


I was actually pretty good at it! This was one I gave him for his birthday last year just before we were leaders on a kid's camp! (Actually, I think there are 2 hickeys there!!! Yeah!)

And here's Hub's most recent handy work at our going away party in June:


But I reckon he's losing his touch. (Can you even see it?) Although that might mean he'll want some more practice. I know I'll probably regret saying this, but hickeys don't really bother me that much anymore, as long as I don't have an interview or a special occasion coming up. Plus Hubs gave them to me so often at one stage that it was normal to see Wifey sporting a new hickey at church each week!

So thank you, dear Hubsband, for keeping us young and completely unclassy!

(To learn how to remove hickeys, click here, though I've never bothered with anything other than make up!)

0 comments: to “ The Hickey. Friend or foe? so far...