Restaureview

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I've decided that since we're in one of the most well-known restaurant/cafe cities in Australia, I'm going to start reviewing the places we have been to for dinner and drinks. Tonight we're going to look at a FANTASTIC Italian restaurant on Lygon street that we went to with some friends who are visiting from Brisbane. The restaurant is called Papa Gino's and it is in the heart of the Italian Restaurant precinct of Melbourne.

We were treated to excellent service, nice ambiance, and FABULOUS Italian food. I couldn't decide between the pasta and the pizza, so the waiter kindly suggested that I order an entree size of both! So I did! And what a great decision that was. The food was excellent value for money both in quality and quantity. We were not left wanting (and I'm still totally full an hour and a half later!)

Hubsband and our friend shared a calzone and a bolognaise pizza (I sampled both of those dishes too - yummmmmm!) and our other friend and I had the ravioli/tortellini with chicken and spinach in a tomato cream sauce. Oh.... my.... gawsh.... it was all just so good. We brought along some wine we had bought from the Yarra Valley (I still haven't posted about that yet!!) and to top it off, we weren't charged corkage. Now THAT'S my kind of place!

All in all a fantastic night out. I give it 4 stars out of 5.

0 comments: to “ Restaureview so far...