Job #1 - The paper run

Saturday, November 1, 2008

1992
In all fairness, Mum should have gotten paid, not me. I refused to deliver to the houses with scary, barking dogs (I made my brother do them). When it rained, you'd not only have to fold the papers, but also put them in bags.
To be honest, I can't even remember how long I had this job! Definitely less than a year though.

2 comments: to “ Job #1 - The paper run so far...

  •  

    Ha ha that is the worst job in the world. My son did that for a while and when you add up the man hours that the parents put in, plus the child labour, and then the petrol and travel cost - you earn about 5c an hour ((-: But of course, it's all about teaching the child the responsibility of their first paid job. Funny thing is... I put about a thousand rubber bands around your hubsy's papers when he had a paper run as his first job.. (-: You are made for each other... aaaawwww

  •  

    I KNOW! It's so funny! I'm sure our kids will be doing it one day too... Damn karma!