Job #24 - Division of GPs

Monday, November 24, 2008

July - December 2006

A friend of mine worked here as a project officer and a job as the Division Secretariat came up so she suggested I apply for it. It was pretty much in the bag once I got to the interview, and the money was FANTASTIC because employees could salary sacrifice pretty much everything! It did mean that I moved to "the dark side" (southside) of Brisvegas, but I was living with Khicken and Kturtle so that was cool. Not that I was ever home. Right... back to the job...

After 2 or so months, they asked if I'd like to manage Aged Care. I thought that would be great! So I got stuck in to that and felt like I was just getting the hang of it, then after another month they asked if I wanted to manage Mental Health! (My friend who worked as the Mental Health project officer decided to go back to her old job at a different Division, so she had resigned.) So I was a bit put out by their management, after all the work I'd done on Aged Care, but thought I'd give it a go. Another month or so later, they wanted to re-shuffle me again, at which stage I'd had enough. They just didn't know what they were doing and I felt like it wasn't going to get any better. So while I was at a week-long conference on the Gold Coast (the same week that Hubs and I got together!) my OTHER friend told me about a temp job that sounded right up my alley!

(By this stage I was getting a reputation amongst my family and friends as a job-hopper. It kind of got me down (and still does from time to time) but mostly I was just getting frustrated that I couldn't find a job that I liked.)

0 comments: to “ Job #24 - Division of GPs so far...