How did this song get in my head?

Monday, May 10, 2010

Here I am, sitting at my desk, minding my own business, looking at real estate in Wang, and all of a sudden I realise I have "Diamonds on the soles of her shoes" but Paul Simon in my head, and I could NOT figure out why that was??

And then it hit me.

One of the houses I was looking at was on Kanana st, which sounds like "ta na na, ta na na na, she got diamonds on the soles of her shoes (a-wa, a-wa)"

BINGO!

It's like when I was living in Edinburgh, and every time I'd get home from doing the shopping I'd have the song "Edelweiss", from The Sound of Music in my head and it took me weeks to realise it was because of the bread I bought. You see, the bread was "whole and white", which leads me directly to: "clean and bright, you look happy to meeeeeeeet meeeee!"

Gosh my brain provides me with hours of entertainment! And now I have edelweiss in my head... :-)

(And yes, I'm putting it under the "mondegreen" tag just cos I can.

0 comments: to “ How did this song get in my head? so far...