Pop culture in our marriage

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hubs and I have many running jokes that we just don't get sick of, and I'm sure people think we're quite strange when we start one of our "runs". And I'm sad (and happy at the same time) to say that Beached As Bru changed our lives. We can't get enough of it. And we refer to it almost daily, even if it's just an "Aw noo" here and there.
Have I lost you? Don't know what I'm talking about? Well clearly you need to spend some time on youtube :-)

Here are some other pop culture references that we throw around on a regular basis:
- Beached as bru - "Want a chup bru?" "Can't chew bru!" "Aw shut." "I noo."
- Withnail and I - "Ching ching"
- Boston Legal - "Denny Crane" and "Lock and load"
- Hercules Returns "eh eh eh eh", "I love classy lines like that." "Ooooh you could pick the bones outta that one."
- Rowan Atkinson LIVE - too many references to choose from!!
- Scrubs - see above
- Eddie Izzard - "Cake or Death" "uuuh cake please" "Well we're OUTTA CAKE"
- Eddie Izzard - Death Star Canteen - "You'll need a tray" "Do you know who I am?"

I may have lost y'all very early on in this piece, but I've been wanting to blog about this for months now, so that in 20 years time, Hubs and I can look back and go "Aw noo!" and remember these silly things that always make us smile.

0 comments: to “ Pop culture in our marriage so far...