A wife of my own

Monday, November 15, 2010

Mum and Dad have been here for a week now and it's so lovely having them around. We've been hanging out at their place in the evenings which means I can just relax and not be looking around thinking "I really should be doing insert jobs here." I really do liken it to having a wifey of my very own! Mum and Dad have been cooking for us each night and topping up my juice and mineral water and making sure I'm comfy.  

"Would you like to have a nap?"
"Are you hungry? 
"Can I get you anything?"

Aaaaaaah bliss! It's nice to be spoilt like this I must say. And I'm taking everyone's advice about getting plenty of sleep and rest while I can. Mum and I have been hanging out at our place during the day, getting things ready and just pottering around. Poor Hubs has to go to work every day while we stay at home, baking and resting. Though, he does benefit from the baking, so it's not all bad for him! Last week we made a yummy orange and polenta cake - there will be an encore this week - and today we're making a pudding for dessert tonight, and I've just made a batch of home-made Kahlua. I do like this whole "lady of leisure" thing!

Thank you to everyone who has been sending emails and texts wishing us luck for the birth - you're all very kind and it's lovely to have all this support. And of course, everyone will be informed when the big day arrives!

2 comments: to “ A wife of my own so far...

  •  

    Wow, that sounds delicious! :)

    I can't believe that you are so close to the big day! You'll be absolutely great, bringing babies into the world is what God does best- so just sit back and let Him take over.

  •  

    Thanks Amy - that's great advice! I do have to remember to let God to his "thing" and know that we're in safe hands.