Just like old times

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I've been sitting here reading my google reader, eating an Easter egg, with Chanbe asleep in his cot, thinking "I really should blog" for about half an hour, so here I am! There's just so much to tell! Uncle Benny left this morning after a lovely week-long visit. Hubs, Uncle Benny and I used to hang out a bit together back when Hubs and I were courting (yes, I just said courting) (meaning v.tr. 2) and we really miss those days. I'm happy to share that we recaptured some of that magic on our road trip down to Stratford! Just like old times... plus a baby :-)

We had a fantastic visit with my family down south and the road from Bright to Stratford, via Mt Hotham was rather spectacular! Not that I could enjoy it on the way, as I was so car sick :-( But the trip back was really something! We were at the top of the mountain just before sunset so the boys took some gorgeous photos. It certainly was chilly up there! It was amazing to see ski fields minus the snow. There was a real deserted feel about the place, even though there were quite a few people around, hiking and whatnot. It will be marvellous to see it in the middle of ski season!

Hubs and Uncle Benny had a very manly weekend, drinking beer, going fishing on Sunday and catching some bream for dinner, and yesterday they went rabbit catching with friends of ours on their property. I cooked the rabbit for dinner last night! I'm not sure how I feel about eating rabbit... But anyway it was nice. 

The weather here at the moment is pretty magical and I'm trying to make the most of it while it lasts. The house we looked at at Mt Beauty was pretty nice, but we have a couple more to check out before we make any decisions.

That's pretty much all there is to share at the moment, other than the fact that Chanbe turned 5 months old today. He's doing wonderfully and we're really enjoying his smiles and laughs, and the fact that he is having 2 naps every day! Yay! We're heading to Melbourne this weekend for my Marriage Celebrant ongoing professional development day, and we'll hopefully be catching up with a few friends as well. I promise to post more photos soon. In the mean time, I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!


 Oh he's a country boy now all right!!

0 comments: to “ Just like old times so far...