Plummeting back down to earth...

Friday, February 3, 2012

... with an almighty crash. 


This time last week we were surrounded by family and friends and a support network. We were staying in the same house, night after night, week after week. We didn't have to pack and unpack and pack again every week. I felt relaxed and faced each day with anticipation and excitement, and had such a great time.

It's hard to come back to our "normal" (I use the term very loosely) life after such stability. I am sitting here with my diary open, planning the next couple of months. 5 days back home in MB, then next week in Wang, then back to MB for a week, then the following week in Wang, then back here and so forth for maybe 2 months. Oh, and a few trips down to Melbourne thrown into the bag just for fun as well. 

I realise the choice to go to Wang with Hubs is mine. But at the same time, it's not really a choice. If Hubs is going to be away for 5 of 6 days, and he's going to a place where I have a whole bunch of awesome friends, well... what would you choose? I think the hardest part about this lifestyle is that I don't know anyone else going through the same thing. So people can say they understand, but I don't think they do. 

This is why next year, I need for us to go somewhere and stay put for a year or 2. We'll go on holidays of course, but not every single freakin' week. It's already getting me down and we haven't even started. Man this is going to be a long year.

0 comments: to “ Plummeting back down to earth... so far...