Cast off

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Aaaaaaahhhhh.....

That was the relief I felt when my cast came off yesterday. I'm free! I can walk again! Or so I thought. Was it crazy for me to think that they would just fit me with a boot and I'd walk out of there unaided? (You know, except for the boot.) How wrong I was. I figured since the bones had healed nicely, I'd be right! A bit weak maybe, but I certainly didn't expect the level of pain I was about to experience. Especially when the kind orthopaedic surgeon pushed down on certain parts of my foot and asked "Does this hurt?"

Does it hurt? DOES IT HURT????? YES IT FREAKIN' HURTS!! DID YOU NOT SEE THE 3 BROKEN BONES THAT ARE STILL HEALING!!!!!?????

My foot is still bruised and a bit swollen, and I can't really move it much on my own. The best bruise is the one under my foot:


And I can't believe it's still swollen!!


I just figured by this stage it would be a lot better than it is. I thought I'd wear the boot for a week or 2 and be good as gold, but I couldn't even walk on my foot yesterday at the hospital without the crutches, even in the boot. By the end of the day though, I was just walking around in the boot. Just a bit, to ease myself into it. When I woke up today I needed the crutches for the first couple of hours but am now walking around okay. I just have to be careful not to push it, and to pace myself so it doesn't take longer than necessary to get me back on both feet.

I have to wear the boot 24/7 (yes, even to bed), (but not in the shower - woo!) for 1-2 weeks, then just during the day for another 2-4 weeks after that. I guess the Doctor at my visit 4 weeks ago did say it was a 3 month injury.

So this is me for the next few weeks:


Sexy, oui?

1 comments: to “ Cast off so far...