Feeling the warmth

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chanbe and I arrived in Brisbane yesterday afternoon, and the weather hasn't let me down. It's cool, but not cold. It's a bit cloudy, but not raining. We've had a lazy day of sleep and washing so far today, and the rest of the week isn't going to be too full-on either.

When I last posted, I mentioned that "we were on the mend." I was a bit wrong with that statement. Hubs took his Wifey and Chanbe to the doctor the following day, and we were both put on antibiotics. Chanbe bounced back by Friday but it wasn't until Sunday that I was feeling like myself again. Sunday? Yeah, the last day of our "holiday". So we didn't end up at McLaren Vale, nor did we get to Penfolds like we planned on the Thursday. But that's okay. In spite of the terrible weather and feeling like crap, we had such a lovely time with our friends. Our last dinner together on Thursday night consisted of some fresh fish we'd picked up from the Central Markets, and some truly decadent desserts our friend picked up from her favourite dessert place in Adelaide.



The boys even felt festive enough to wear their Friday shirts the next day!



I haven't made too many plans for the next 4 weeks, but I have a long list of people to see and things to do, so I'm sure we'll be kept busy. If you're around, I'd love to catch up!

See you soon :-)

0 comments: to “ Feeling the warmth so far...