"Rosemary" Lamb

Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm not sure how it came about, but when we moved in to this place in April, for some reason I thought we had a whole bush of rosemary growing in our front yard. It didn't look like the rosemary I'm used to, but when I picked some off and smelt it, it smelled familiar and I was convinced it was rosemary. So I started cooking my lamb it in. In the last 6 months, I have perfected a recipe for lamb shanks in my Chasseur and have had people rave about how good they are.

Last week, I was going to make my famous lamb shanks for Mum and Dad and told Dad that there was some rosemary growing in the front yard. He couldn't find any so I went and showed him.

Rosemary it was not. I had, in fact, been cooking with lavender. I couldn't believe it! Dad got some rosemary and I had a smell of the two, side by side, and I swear I could barely tell the difference! What can I say? I make a mean lavender lamb :-)

0 comments: to “ "Rosemary" Lamb so far...