I may regret telling you this...

Sunday, April 14, 2013

I'm committing myself to run a 5km fun run in August. I've mentioned before that I've always wanted to do a 10km fun run, so this is a build up to doing that some time in the future. I was aiming for 10km straight up, but seeing as how I've never done much running, and my body is still "recovering" from my pregnancy with Quinn, I was advised that 5km would probably be a better start. And I concur.

So I've started walking with the kids in our new pram:


And am currently looking into a running program like Couch 2 5k or something similar. I'm a little nervous and somewhat intimidated by the task I have set myself, but I really need something to focus on at the moment; something just for me; and I feel like this ticks a number of boxes for me at the moment. I need to dedicate some time to myself to complete the 3 sessions a week needed to reach my goal. These programs state you can complete the program in 9 weeks, and I have 16 weeks til the fun run, so I'm feeling confident that it will happen.

The best part is, my good friend Bethie, who is a personal trainer and does lots of running and other exciting things, is flying up to do the run with me! So I will have a cheer squad on the road which will be very helpful. (Thanks Beth!!) And it will also mean that I have to do it, as Beth has already booked her flights! Eeeek!

So there you have it. Here I am being all accountable to you guys. I shall keep you posted on my progress!

0 comments: to “ I may regret telling you this... so far...