Clear eyes, full hearts,

Monday, September 30, 2013

can't lose.

Hubs and I have just finished watching the TV series Friday Night Lights. If you haven't heard of it, look it up. If you haven't watched it, start immediately. It may change your life.

Or, it may not. But it probably will, even just a little bit. I know my existential crisis began while we were watching season 3, but that's another story entirely.

We watched all 5 seasons over the last 4 or 5 months, so as you can see, we really punched through the episodes. We were always ALWAYS left wanting more, which resulted in a few very late nights of "just one more (42 minute) episode!!" Not so good when your 2 year old is bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:15am the next morning, I can tell you.

The show is full of teenage angst, love of all things Texas, making the tough decisions, Tim Riggins (the quintessential bad boy) and of course, football. Hubs and I knew very little about American Football before we started watching the show, and I can't say we know much more about it now, but damn we loved love the show.

One of the best things about the show is that it keeps you guessing. It's like, you're about 80% sure about what is going to happen, but every now and then they throw a curve ball (so to speak!) (oh wait, that's baseball...) just to keep it interesting, and unpredictable.

When Hubs was trying to get me to watch the show, it was very reminiscent of when he was trying to sell Firefly to me...

Wifey: "What kind of show is it?"
Hubs: "Ummmmm... a sci-fi western."
Wifey: "No way!!"
The verdict on Firefly? One of the best shows EVER.

And for Friday Night Lights...

Wifey: "This show is about American Football?? No WAY!"
Hubs: "It's supposed to be really good. Let's just watch 1 episode."
Wifey: "Fiiiiine."

If I remember correctly, it was a Friday night around 9pm. We ended up watching 2 or 3 episodes straight up. We were immediately hooked. I gotta trust Hubs when it comes to choosing new shows.

I can't seem to bring myself to end this blog post, just as I can't believe we have finished watching FNL. I know I'm making a bit deal about it, but it has been such a big part of our lives these last few months, and even though we feel that we have closure, it's hard to move on, you know?

Go watch it, and you too will be chanting
Clear eyes! Full hearts! Can't lose!

0 comments: to “ Clear eyes, full hearts, so far...