Electric Blue

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

You know when you have a great night out, and on the way home you get treated to some awesome tunes to top off your night beautifully? That's what happened to me this weekend. On Friday night I met my two dear friends from high school - yes, we've known each other over 20 years! - at the Alfred and Constance for dinner and lots of chats. It was a great night out and after catching the train from The Valley to Eagle Junction, I jumped into my car and cranked the tunes, hoping for the best.

I got a few gems including "More than Words" which is one of my most favourite songs and a great one to sing along to in the car. I was on a high when I got home, really feeling blessed that after 20 years of friendship, I can still depend on these lovely ladies in my life, and that is a great feeling.

And it happened again tonight. I met 2 of my dearest friends from uni, girls I've known for 15 years and have been a huge part of my life for that whole time. We went to a place called The Royal which is an Italian restaurant in Nundah. The food was so yummy and the company a delight. I hopped in the car and started cruising home. A few sing-along songs came on, but the one that finished off my night, and ended just as I turned the engine off when I pulled up, was Electric Blue, by Icehouse. This was one of the first albums I ever bought on record and it's still sitting in my parents' collection. I put it on sometimes when I'm visiting the house at Kelvin Grove. Good times.

So that's 3 dinners with 6 of my most favourite women in just over a week! And there's more to come this week too. This is incredibly therapeutic and I'm really enjoying such great quality time with the wonderful women in my life. Thanks ladies. I'm looking forward to more great times to come.

0 comments: to “ Electric Blue so far...