Happy Ruby

Sunday, August 3, 2014

My parents celebrate their 40th Wedding Anniversary this year. The actual date is still 2 weeks away, but we were almost all in town (poor Hubs had to work :-( ) so we went out for a fancy-pants lunch yesterday at the Ocean View Estates Winery. It's also the same place where one of my cousins is getting married next April, and where my dear friend got married back in 2007. The weather was absolutely stunning.


I didn't realise Mum was mid-blink for this photo! But it's still cute :-)



This was taken during dessert - I ordered the chocolate fondant with Guinness ice cream and salted caramel. Oh boy. It was ridiculously decadent. I had ordered the crusted prawns for entree which were delicious and the crispy lamb ribs for main which was probably the best lamb I've ever had in my life. Oh man I want to try making that at home.



After dinner and a few beverages, Aunty Kate decided to join Chanbe on his rolls down the hill. It was rather gorgeous.



And although Uncle Kris didn't partake in the rolly-poly, he was happy to do some spin-arounds.



And Grumpy was happy for a footrace down the hill, and a slow trek back to the top.



We decided to hire a mini van so we could all travel together. That is, so everyone who could drink, did drink, and I drove the booze bus home :-)


It was such a wonderful day. The kids were absolute angels in the restaurant and made me very proud. The food was delicious and the ambiance and view were delightful.

Happy Anniversary Mum and Dad. Here's to the next 40! :-)

1 comments: to “ Happy Ruby so far...