Oh, you got lay-yers?...

Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm wearing so many layers at the moment I feel like an onion!

I used to pride myself on being able to get ready quickly, but that has gone out the window since moving to Melbourne, and I'm recalling I had the same issues when I lived in Scotland. It's not like you only have to choose 2 items anymore - top + bottom - nnnnooooooo. Now you have to look outside and determine what sort of day it is and decide how many layers are going underneath your shirt (do you wear a singlet AND a thermal, or just an undershirt?) then you decide on your top, then you look outside again and realise it's started to rain, so you add another layer, then you choose between leggings, stockings, or long socks to wear under your skirt/trousers/jeans, then you pick either skirt/trousers/jeans, then you realise the rain has stopped, the sun has come out, but the wind has dropped the temperature by about 5 degrees, so you add ANOTHER layer underneath! THEN you have to decide on a jacket - do you take the waterproof one just in case it starts raining again? Or the one with the hood? Or the super-dooper warm one that you might end up taking off and carrying around for most of the day?

But we're not done yet! We now have to choose accessories! I start with the shoes - do I need closed-in boots for the cold? Or waterproof shoes for the wet weather? Do I take a scarf? (yes... ALWAYS take a scarf) and do I then top it off with my Barret to protect my poor little ears from the wind? (again, the answer is usually a resounding YES!!) And then we're ready to go!

No wait, I have to go to the toilet first.... this could take a while.... :-)

1 comments: to “ Oh, you got lay-yers?... so far...