Job #19 - Bris City Council

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

April - June 2005

I don't really know what to say about this one to be honest. I thought I'd found my dream job, but it turned into a bit of a nightmare. I was employed by the child immunisation department as one of their admin officers. I found out once I got the job that I was one of about 100 applicants, so to get offered the job was quite flattering! The money was good, I got to work a 9 day fortnight, it was in town which was perfect location-wise, and I got to see babies every day! Screaming babies yes, but babies none-the-less!

I really thought this was it. That this was "the one". Then I got to know the people a bit better. Let's just say after discovering health issues that were finally put down to stress, I realised I was in a VERY bad working environment. It was probably the hardest few months of my life, and I felt that I didn't have much support from a few key people in my life at the time which made it so much harder. But thanks to a best friend who worked in HR, and great advice from Dad ("document EVERYthing") I went through the right channels and procedures and got a satisfactory outcome. Well, I didn't have a job again, but to be honest, I'd rather no job and my health, than working at that place and being sick.

0 comments: to “ Job #19 - Bris City Council so far...