Job #20 - Child Care Centre

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Okay, so I was actually at this job in 1998, but I forgot to put it in! I was only there for 3 weeks, so it's not really worth mentioning at all. I don't know WHAT I was thinking when I applied for this job. I think because everything said I should be in child care, that I thought "yeah! That sounds great!" And perhaps at the right centre it would have been okay. But I was working at a place that was SO dodgy. I had NO training (I was 18 years old) and got left with 12 children between 12 & 18 months. That's just not right!

And one day I had to change about 10 dirty (and I mean DIRTY) nappies in a row. It was horrendous. Plus the fact that it took me 45 minutes to drive each way got very old VERY quickly. Like I said, I don't know WHAT I was thinking.

I was very glad to get the job at Pick 'n Pay after this one!

0 comments: to “ Job #20 - Child Care Centre so far...