Mt Tibrogargan

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I do believe this is my 100th post! Hooray!

I thought I would celebrate this milestone with a post about another achievement I made whilst holidaying in Brisbane. My 2007/2008 New Year's resolution was to try a few new things. So I dreaded Hubs' hair, started sewing again, did some study, and climbed Mt Tibrogargan! (The Gorilla-looking mountain on the way to the Sunny Coast.) I wasn't sure what to expect to be honest. I thought we were going for a bushwalk/hike, but it felt like more of a climb/scamper!

My sister-in-law used to climb it "for fun" every couple of weeks, and Hubs had climbed it a few times before too. It was insane! They were very supportive though, and managed to get me all the way to the top!

Here are some "happy" (aka exhausted, nerve-racking, insane) photos we took along the way.

At the start, when I was thinking "this isn't so bad!"


The next part where Lsl PROMISED she wouldn't take any photos of my butt! Yeah, right. I was starting to wonder what the hell I was doing up there at this stage.


Hub's thoughts: "I love you"
Wifey's thoughts" "How the hell am I going to get down from here?????" (click on image for up-close facial expressions!)


We made it!! The view was amazing! Half way up, I really didn't think I was going to make it. But I was SO proud of myself, sitting up there on top of the world!




After much slipping and sliding (and torn pants) we were back down the bottom, looking up at the beast we had just conquered.


If I had known what I was getting myself in to, I probably would have chickened out, but ignorance is bliss! Thanks for the great experience Hubs and Lsl! Oh, and I NEVER want to do it again! Ha!

1 comments: to “ Mt Tibrogargan so far...