Tikki Tikki Tembo

Friday, June 12, 2009

Say it with me! "Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo has fallen into the well!"

For those of who have NO idea what I'm talking about, I refer to a children's book that I used to read at primary school called Tikki Tikki Tembo. And the reason I bring it up is because the most bizarre coincidence occurred last night at dinner. Our resident little dude Elijah was sitting at the table with his Mum (there is a family with 2 boys who live on college). He's almost 3 years old and is such a great little guy. Anyway, he was hoeing into his cherry strudel and all of a sudden he started spitting it out, saying "pip pip cherry" cos, you know, there was a cherry pip and I immediately thought of that book.

I asked Elijah's Mum if she had heard of it and you'll NEVER believe it, but she had just borrowed it out of the library 2 days ago!! What???? SERIOUSLY?? I haven't thought of that book in 20 years and all of a sudden it's in my life again. She promised to bring it to her younger son's christening on Sunday so I could read it. I CAN'T WAIT!!

Does anyone else remember it??

3 comments: to “ Tikki Tikki Tembo so far...