1 whole year today!!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy-1-year-at-my-job-anniversary-birthday to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yes, it's official. I have held a permanent, full-time job for 1 whole year. Hallelujah! Today marks 1 year at my job here at Newman College, full-time, and I'm pretty excited about this milestone. Well, actually, I only just remembered about it now!

Interesting things about my job:

  • I haven't taken a sick day since I started (I've been late in twice with a bad neck though)
  • I have had about 7 weeks of holidays (some taken leave without pay)
  • I have another 6 weeks off over Christmas
  • We have coffee every morning together at 10:30am
  • We have morning tea all together (including other non-office staff) every Wednesday and the kitchen provides tasty treats such as toasted bacon and egg sandwiches or scones or biscuits (I'm trying to cut back though!!)
  • We celebrate everyone's birthday with an extra morning tea
  • We go out to lunch a few times a year all together and enjoy a lovely 3 course meal
  • I really like working here. The people, the location, the flexibility and generosity I experience every day reminds me of how blessed I am to have this job.
And I plan to be here until we leave college next June/July, so let the morning teas continue!

4 comments: to “ 1 whole year today!! so far...

  •  

    Congratulations!! I'm still waiting to meet that milestone with ANY job! Its looking good for making it with my current job though...probably only because of the GFC or I would have found another by now!! :-)

  •  

    Tee hee! Hooray for the GFC! (But not really...) It's funny cos I consider you having the same job since you finished uni, as you've been with Qld Health the whole time! But I know what you mean.

  •  

    I gave you an award on my blog!

    Check it out:
    http://johnsonfriends.blogspot.com/2009/10/roll-out-red-carpet.html

  •  

    Wow thanks! I'm so touched! And I find it amusing (and awesome!) that both Hubs and I had you in our youth groups. So funny! I keep him up to date with your news and I know he's really happy for you! :-)