Counting down

Thursday, March 6, 2014

The kids and I are heading to Brisbane next Tuesday for a whole, glorious week. It's my Nan's 80th birthday, and you know me - it doesn't take much to convince me that a trip to Brisbane is a good idea! I've already booked in some much needed girly time with some friends, as well as the assumption that my dear (wonderful, supportive, generous) parents (ie Mum) will be getting up with the kids each morning so I can have a bit extra sleep. I haven't been able to get to sleep very well for the last week or so, and it's really messing with me during the day. My usual patience is limited, and my cranky factor is quite high at the moment. Not good for anyone around me!

I've been taking the kids to 3 different playgroups on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays which has been so nice. I've met some lovely mums and have arranged an afternoon swap with one of the Doctors wives so that one day I look after her 2 girls (Chanbe calls them "my girls") and she does the same for me another day. It's just for a few hours, but it means we can get stuff done. It's my afternoon today, and the only problem I'm having is deciding what, of the 10 things I want to get done, I should focus on.

But right now, I think I'll have a nap, in preparation for my big afternoon!


1 comments: to “ Counting down so far...