Favourite lines from songs

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I have a lot of favourite songs that I've blogged about before, but I also have some favourite lines from songs that I will share with you...... now!

      "She was one in a million. So there's five more just in New South Wales."
           The Whitlams, Up Against the Wall.
Oh my gosh this is one of my favourites. I mean, it's kind of sad as well, saying that she's not as special as "one in a million" would, at first, suggest. I guess I find it amusing for that reason.

And an honourary mention from another Whitlams song called Melbourne:
     "If I had three lives, I'd marry her in two."
I love that sentiment. It's like, he knows how amazing she was so he'd want to live that life with her all over again, but also would like to give something else a try. Honest and sweet.

     "Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again ."
           Say Goodbye to Hollywood by Billy Joel
I know I've mentioned this song before, but it really sticks with me.

     "When you love someone but it goes to waste."
           Fix you by Coldplay
Another heartbreaker. I love this type of song - the type that starts small and intimate and ends with lots of drums and electric guitars and harmonies and other BIG STUFF. The Crowd is very much like that too.

These are a few of my favourite things lines from songs!