You can't catch me...

Sunday, September 19, 2010

... I'm the GINGERBREAD MAN!!!

I didn't think I liked gingerbread bikkies. I don't really know why to be honest - maybe the bought ones are a bit too gingery for my taste. For this reason, I've never ventured into baking Gingerbread Men, but being married to Hubs means I often broaden my culinary horizons. Oh, and I had just bought a Gingerbread Man cookie cutter, so clearly I had to bake some!

What I didn't realise, was the the cookie cutter I had bought was actually quite large!


And that I much prefer 3-step-recipes (mix, bake, eat). This was more an 8-step recipe - mix, stand in fridge, roll, cut, (and repeat 3 times) bake, cool, decorate, eat - which took just over 2 hours! It did however, also give me another opportunity to use my piping set that was given to me by the lovely Liza and family and any opportunity to use this set is warmly welcomed!



I tried to decorate the first tray a bit manly-like since Hubs would be eating most of them (or so I thought):

I got a bit more creative with the second tray, adding a Charlie Brown zig-zag shirt, a Superman logo (use your imagination dammit!), a muumuu and an "I(heart)U" Gingerbread Man.


We had one with a cup of tea for afternoon tea and I discovered just how much I actually LOVE home-made Gingerbread Men! Which is a shame, cos they really are a lot of effort!

Not as much effort, however, as macaroons, which I will blog about next.

1 comments: to “ You can't catch me... so far...