The jury is in...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

... and cloth nappies it is! I've been umming and aaahing over this decision for a few months now, but we have decided to go for cloth over disposables. Hubs didn't really mind either way, saying helpful things like "well you're going to be the one changing the nappies so it's up to you. Hee hee." Yeah right. We'll see :-) A few of my close friends have used cloth nappies from day one, so there were plenty of sources to seek great advice from, whilst not having the pressure of them saying that I had to do it. Thanks guys!! You've been a great help.

And cloth nappies aren't what they used to be. We're going to invest in some of these types of nappies and have a few disposables on hand if and when needed. I'm actually quite excited about this venture, which just goes to show it is the right decision for us at this time. The most helpful thing that one of my friends said was that if you make it a part of your baby routine from day one, it doesn't seem like such a big task. And having a summer baby, at least for the first few month we won't have any trouble getting them dry!

I'm over 7 months pregnant now, and the reality of having a little baby soon is hitting rather close to home. I still feel like there's so much to do, but I also know that no matter how much or how little we do to prepare, it will be enough and we will manage. Littlefoot has been making some pretty extreme moves lately, getting ready to make his or her grand entrance into the outside world I'm sure. I can't wait to meet you little one!!

5 comments: to “ The jury is in... so far...

  •  

    We tried the full-on-cloth-nappy-bonanza, but found the best cost/environment/sanity combination to be disposables at night (more absorbent, allows better sleep) and cloth during the day. Trust me on the sleep thing- disposables really seem to help keep the little ones asleep. They may just save you from sleep-deprivation suicide :)

  •  

    Thanks for the tip! Other parents have given the same advice, so it's certainly something to consider!

  •  

    Not that i've used the nappies myself, but one of my girlfriends swears by the same night time disposable etc etc rule... Plus she pops a chux into the nappy as well for a bit easier uh, cleaning i guess you could say? You can normally get huge rolls of them at crazy clarks or one of the cheapie stores... Cant wait to meet littlefoot! feels like only yesterday when you sprung the news xxx

  •  

    Yes my friend has also told us about these biodegradable nappy liners that you can flush away with the... uummmm... you know. :-) Everyone has been so helpful - I'm sure we'll find a way to do it all that suits us wonderfully.

  •  

    that sounds awesome! Cloth nappy technology seems pretty cool.

    Can't believe you're 7 months already <3