The force is strong within me

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I don't know what it is about being pregnant, but it increases the earth's gravity both within me and around me. Things that used to stay in my hands are now spontaneously attracted to the floor at any given moment. (Especially pens, my hat, vegetables, pots and pans, tubs of yoghurt... you name it...) Getting up is becoming hilarious, with me giving signals to Hubs to give me a push every time I want to leave the couch. If we were still sleeping on the futon, I would never get out of bed. Bending over is becoming an Olympic sport for me, and often when I drop things, I just leave them on the floor and either ask Hubs (very nicely) to come and pick up after me, or do a big emu parade at the end.

Pregnancy has also increased my clumsiness, though I didn't think this was possible. It's gotten so bad that Hubs is actually noticing all the clanging and banging that goes on when I'm in the kitchen, whereas before, he would just tune it all out. Though, he may just be more concerned as he knows that these days, dropping a few carrots on the floor can reduce me to a puddle of tears, snot and incoherent babble.

Having said all this, I am absolutely loving being pregnant. I have had a seemingly very easy pregnancy, with no real unpleasant symptoms or side effects that I've read all about. I do still have 9 weeks to go (is that it??) so anything can happen, but while things are going so smoothly, I'm just going to enjoy it.

And be okay with constantly dropping things.

0 comments: to “ The force is strong within me so far...