Face off

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hubs and I were enjoying a lovely JJJ Hottest 100/Australia Day Party with our friend who always hosts a JJJ Hottest 100/Australia Day Party. We were gathered around, enjoying conversations about what will be number 1 on the countdown, sailing trips, and our friend's upcoming overseas move.

And then we started talking about facebook. I don't normally buy in to discussions about the pros and cons of facebook, as I know I have my reasons for not wanting to be a member, and although I'm happy to explain those reasons, I don't like to be made to feel like I "should" be a member. But a friend asked me to explain why I didn't partake and so I did. (see here) He wasn't convinced and tried to give reasons why my reasons weren't valid. So I explained further, but he still wasn't satisfied. I got a bit fired up and made my point with a couple of swear words (probably would have made the point better without them, but you get that) and he said he understood where I was coming from and that was the end of it.

On our way home, it got me thinking and I said to Hubs "It makes me really sad that I feel like I can't be involved in something that could be really amazing."

Hubs' response? "You are involved in something amazing. It's called life."

He started saying more but I stopped him and said I wanted to bask in the words he had just said. It. Felt. Gooooood. I have had a lot of people in my life tell me how they think it's so great that Hubs and I really make the most of things; how we're always doing exciting stuff and wonder what adventures we will begin in the year to come. And I love that. I LOVE that we have such a transient lifestyle, as we really do make an effort to make the most out of the time we have in each place. (Of course it does drive me crazy sometimes, but there's always more good than frustrating!)

So I will continue to live my life without facebook, and although I will miss out on things from time to time, I feel like I will be using that time to live my life.




(I certainly don't wish to ostracize those who are pro-facebook, it's just not for me.)

0 comments: to “ Face off so far...